Lisa Bushby, Ph.D.
Freelance Science Writer and Editor
Dr. Bushby is a freelance science writer based in London England and has a PhD in chemistry from the University of Durham. Her doctoral thesis was on the photochemistry and photophysics of lanthanide complexes. She is also a member of the Royal Society of Chemistry and the Institute of Physics. You can email Dr. Bushby at email@example.com.
Articles by Dr. Bushby
Dr. Bushby's Curriculum Vitae
PhD University of Durham, Durham England, 2001
- Major: Chemistry
- Photochemistry and Photophysics of Lanthanide Complexes
BSc (Hons) (1st) University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST), Manchester England, 1998
- Final year specialising in heavy metal ion sensing using fibre optics.
- New technologies and their environmental effects
- Hazardous substances
August 2003 - present: Development editor for a series of environmental, chemical and facilities titles
- Practical interpretation and guidance for businesses on EU and UK legislation.
October 2001 - August 2003: Device engineer for ELAM-T Ltd
- Development, manufacture and characterisation of organic LEDs produced by chemical vapour deposition.
- Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry
- Member of the Institute of Physics
[last updated: 2006-08-21]