Mona Sethi Gupta, Ph.D.
Dr. Gupta received her Ph.D. in Toxicology from Texas A&M University. She has a M.S. in Environmental Health and B.S in Zoology. She has worked in industry in various capacities and has also served as an adjunct faculty at several universities.
Articles by Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta's Curriculum Vitae
- DeMasters GA, Gupta MS, Jones KR, Cabot M, Wang H, Gennings C, Park M, Bratland A, Ree AH, Gewirtz DA. 2004. Potentiation of cell killing by fractionated radiation and suppression of proliferative recovery in MCF-7 breast tumor cells by the Vitamin D3 analog EB 1089. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 92(5):365-74.
- Farrell N, Povirk LF, Dange Y, DeMasters G, Gupta MS, Kohlhagen G, Khan QA, Pommier Y, Gewirtz DA. 2004. Cytotoxicity, DNA strand breakage and DNA-protein crosslinking by a novel transplatinum compound in human A2780 ovarian and MCF-7 breast carcinoma cells. Biochem Pharmacol. Sep 1;68(5):857-66.
- Polar M, Gennings C, Park M, Gupta M, Gewirtz D. 2003. Effect of the Vitamin D3 analog ILX 23-7553 on apoptosis and sensitivity to fractionated radiation in breast tumor cells and normal human fibroblasts. Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology. 51(5), 415-21.
- Kim ND, Kaplan B, Gupta M, Amichay A, Lansky E, Livney T, Neeman I, Poirier D, Luu-The V, Nicholls P, Kirby A, Jiang W, Mansel R, Mehta R, Gewirtz D. 2002. Chemopreventive and adjuvant therapeutic potential of pomegranate (Punica granatum) for human breast cancer. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment. 71, 203-217.
- Gewirtz D, Gupta M and Sundaram S. 2002. Vitamin D3 and vitamin D3 analogues as an adjunct to cancer chemotherapy and radiotherapy. Review. Current Medicinal Chemistry-Anticancer Agents. 2, 683-690.
- Posner G.H., Crawford K.R., Peleg S, Welsh Jo-Ellen, Romu S, Gewirtz D, Gupta M.S. , Dolan P and Kensler T.W. 2001. A non-calcemic sulfone version of the vitamin D3 analog seocalcitol (EB 1089): chemical synthesis, biological evaluation and potency enhancement of the anticancer drug adriamycin. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry, 9, 2365.
- Safe S, McDougal A, Gupta M.S. , and Ramamoorthy, K. 2001. Selective Ah Receptor Modulators (SahRMs): Progress towards development of a new class of inhibitors of breast cancer growth. Review. Journal of Women's Cancer, v 3, 1.
- McDougal A, Gupta MS, Morrow D, Ramamoorthy K, Lee JE, Safe SH. 2001. Methyl-substituted diindolylmethanes as inhibitors of estrogen-induced growth of T47D cells and mammary tumors in rats. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment. 66(2):147.
- Sundaram S, Chaudhry M, Reardon D, Gupta M and Gewirtz DA. 2000. EB 1089 enhances the antiproliferative and apoptotic effects of adriamycin in MCF-7 breast tumor cells. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment, 63, 1, 1-10.
- Barhoumi R, Mouneimne Y, Ramos K, Safe S, Phillips T, Centonze V, Ainley C, Gupta M and Burghardt R. 2000. Analysis of Benzo[a]pyrene partitioning and cytotoxicity in a rat liver cell line. Toxicological Sciences. 53, 2, 264.
- McDougal A, Gupta M.S. , Ramamoorthy K, Sun G and Safe S. 2000. Inhibition of carcinogen-induced rat mammary tumor growth and other estrogen dependent responses by symmetrical dihalo-substituted analogs of diindolylmethane. Cancer Letters. 151, 2, 169.
- Gupta M.S, Miggins J, Parrish A, Ramos K, Womack J, Rodriguez L.V, Goldstein L.S, Holtzapple C, Stanker L and Safe S. 1998. Ah-receptor independent induction of CYP1A2 gene expression in genetically inbred mice. Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology. 5, 205-213.
- Gupta M.S, McDougal A and Safe S. 1998. Estrogenic and anti-estrogenic activity of 16-hydroxy- and 2-hydroxy- metabolites of 17-estradiol in human breast cancer cells. Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. 67, 413-419.
- Ramamoorthy K, Gupta M.S. , Sun, G, McDougal A and Safe S. 1998. 3,3',4,4'-Tetrachlorobiphenyl exhibits antiestrogenic and antitumorigenic activity in the rodent uterus, mammary and human breast cancer cells. Carcinogenesis. 20, 115-123
- Gupta, M.S, Ramamoorthy K and Safe S. 1998. Antiestrogenic activity of 3,3',4,4'-tetrachlorobiphenyl and 3,3',4,4',5-pentachlorobiphenyl in T47D breast cancer cells. Organohalogen Compounds. 37, pp. 297.
- Ramamoorthy K, Gupta M.S. and Safe S. 1998. Aryl-hydrocarbon receptor mediated antiestrogenicity of diindolylmethane (DIM) and analogs in vivo and in vitro. Organohalogen Compounds. 37, pp. 321.
[last updated: 2010-03-19]