Element Roentgenium - Rg
Comprehensive data on the chemical element Roentgenium is provided on this page; including scores of properties, element names in many languages, most known nuclides of Roentgenium. Common chemical compounds are also provided for many elements. In addition technical terms are linked to their definitions and the menu contains links to related articles that are a great aid in one's studies.
Overview of Roentgenium
Roentgenium's Name in Other Languages
Atomic Structure of Roentgenium
Chemical Properties of Roentgenium
- No Chemical properties information is currently available.
Physical Properties of Roentgenium
Regulatory / Health
- Levels In Humans:
Note: this data represents naturally occuring levels of elements in the typical human, it DOES NOT represent recommended daily allowances.
- Blood/mg dm-3: nil
- Bone/p.p.m: nil
- Liver/p.p.m: nil
- Muscle/p.p.m: nil
- Daily Dietary Intake: nil
- Total Mass In Avg. 70kg human: nil
Who / Where / When / How
- Discoverer: S.Hofmann, V.Ninov, F.P.Heßberger, P.Armbruster, H.Folger, G.Münzenberg, H.J.Schött
- Discovery Location: Darmstadt Germany
- Discovery Year: 1994
- Name Origin:
- Named for Wilhelm Conrad Roentgen who discovered X-rays in 1895.
- Abundance of Roentgenium:
- Earth's Crust/p.p.m.: nil
- Seawater/p.p.m.: nil
- Atmosphere/p.p.m.: nil
- Sun (Relative to H=1E12): N/A
- Sources of Roentgenium:
- Syntheticly produced element normally produced by fusing two lighter elements in a heavy ion accelerator.
- Uses of Roentgenium:
- Of research interest only.
- Additional Notes:
- In August of 2003 the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) announced the official naming of this element (source: IUPAC, Element 111 is named roentgenium, http://www.iupac.org/news/archives/
2004/naming111.html, Accessed online Aug 1, 2006).
A list of reference sources used to compile the data provided on our periodic table of elements can be found on the main periodic table page.
Citing this page
If you need to cite this page, you can copy this text:
Kenneth Barbalace. Periodic Table of Elements - Roentgenium - Rg. EnvironmentalChemistry.com. 1995 - 2018. Accessed on-line: 12/10/2018
Linking to this page
If you would like to link to this page from your website, blog, etc., copy and paste this link code (in red) and modify it to suit your needs:
<a href="https://EnvironmentalChemistry.com/yogi/periodic/Rg.html">echo Periodic Table of Elements: Roentgenium - Rg (EnvironmentalChemistry.com)</a>- Comprehensive information for the element Roentgenium - Rg is provided by this page including scores of properties, element names in many languages, most known nuclides and technical terms are linked to their definitions.
NOTICE: While linking to articles is encouraged, OUR ARTICLES MAY NOT BE COPIED TO OR REPUBLISHED ON ANOTHER WEBSITE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
PLEASE, if you like an article we published simply link to it on our website do not republish it.